Monday, March 21, 2011

Ubuntu 10.10 and Me

My laptop HDD crashed because of bad sectors some time end of Jan-2011. I replaced the HDD and then I decided to try Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) as my new OS.
I first used it from a boot cd to see how it looks.
I was really impressed with the efforts of the Ubuntu team for their product. It did not take me much time to decide that now I want to use Ubuntu and not Windows XP.
However, my learning had just begin after the installation.
Now, after more than a months use, I felt like sharing my pitfalls and how I overcome those. Of course, I did not invent anything new but just got the hints by reading other users problem and their solution at various forums and from Mr. Google.
i must say, if you don't have Internet connection with unlimited download facility, then your life with linux would be difficult.

So, I would like to share my solutions on Ubuntu 10.10 as an when I get into problem and overcome it. Hope it helps you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment